Heart Friend Sunday ~ February 12, 2017
The Heart Friend Ministry is one of the special ways that we care for one another here at Cross Keys UMC. Participants promise to pray all year for the person whose name they receive. In turn, someone receives their name and prays for them throughout the year. Heart Friends are anonymous and may choose to send notes of encouragement or cards during the year to let their friend know they are being remembered in prayer.
Heart Friend Sunday is on February 12th. The sign up box will be in the church entryway beginning on January 22nd. Everyone is invited to participate by filling out a card and placing it in the box. Children may participate and will be matched with another child - please specify a birthdate on the sign-up card. You do not have to be a Heart Friend to attend the luncheon, everyone is encouraged to attend and fellowship!
Please sign up and make 2017 the year you experience the joy and spiritual growth of lifting someone new in prayer.
How to be a Heart Friend:
- By February 5th – Fill out the small form in the narthex with your name, address and birthdate.
- On February 12th – Receive the name, address and birthdate of your assigned Heart Friend. They should be in the narthex before and after church service.
- Daily – Pray for your Heart Friend.
- Occasionally – Leave a card for your Heart Friend in the narthex, or put one in the mail, reminding them you are praying for them. Sign it only “Your Heart Friend.” Small gifts and flower dedications are optional.
- Annually – Attend the Heart Friend Sunday Luncheon and share your “secret identity” with last year’s friend.
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
About Heart Friends...
The Heart Friend Ministry is one of the special ways that we care for one another here at Cross Keys UMC. Participants promise to pray for the person whose name they receive. In turn, someone receives their name and prays for them throughout the year. Heart Friends can also send notes of encouragement or cards during the year to let their friend know that they are being remembered in prayer.
During the morning of the Heart Friend Luncheon participants will receive the name of their new heart friend. Sunday, Heart Friend sign-up cards are located in the church entryway…just fill one out and put it in the box. If a child is signing up as a heart friend please indicate their birth date so that we can appropriately match them with another heart friend.
“We love because He first loved us.”