Take the Challenge is a user-friendly approach to reading the entire Bible in one year. Each day, an Old Testament reading is combined with a New Testament reading and a psalm or other poetic writing. Such an approach provides variety and makes the year through the Bible fun, especially when you are working through more difficult Old Testament passages.
One major objective at Cross Keys U.M.C. is to put God’s Word into your hands so you can read it, understand it, and apply it’s truths to your own life. If one of your resolutions for the New Year is to read through the entire Bible, you may find the following tips to be helpful.
- Set aside one half-hour (preferably at the same time each day) for Bible reading. As an alternative, try reading the New Testament in the morning and the Old Testament in the evening.
- Use a study Bible for your daily readings. Study Bibles explain difficult words and passages as you read and give helpful introductions to each book of the Bible.
- Highlight key verses that inspire you. You will easily be able to find them later.
- When finishing each day, close in prayer by asking God what His message is for you.
- E-mail me at email@example.com
As you read you will discover that the Bible does contain all the truths necessary for effective faith and practice. You will never again be the same after your journey through the Bible.
Blessings in Christ,
Brochures were given out on Christmas Eve, extra ones are located in the church entry. Below is a PDF version of the same guide.